Catalina 10.15.7, Opencore 0.6.7, i9-10900k, Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra, RX580

Catalina 10.15.7, Opencore 0.6.7, i9-10900k, Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra, RX580 submitted by /u/RafaelHendrick
[link] [comments]

  • CPU: Intel Core i9-10900k


  • GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB


  • RAM: 64GB HyperX Predator CL18 3600Mhz (2x32GB)


  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z490I AORUS ULTRA (ITX)


  • BIOS revision: F6c


  • Case: NZXT H210 Mini-ITX


  • Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap (140mm, front) -&- 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM chromax.black.swap (120x15mm, top & rear)


  • Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black with Noctua NA-HC4 chromax.white heatsink cover


  • Storage: Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD, 2TB -&- Crucial MX500 3D NAND Internal SSD 2.5 Inch SATA, 2TB -&- WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD 2.5 Inch SATA, 4 TB


  • Power: Corsair RM850, 850W Fully Modular PSU


  • Audio: Realtek ALC1200-VB


  • Ethernet: Intel 2.5GbE


  • Wifi/BT: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201


  • OS: MacOS 10.15.7-19h15 (Catalina)


  • OpenCore: 0.6.7


I just followed the Dortania guide, with a few notes from other posts using the same motherboard. In summary: alcid=3; correct address for the ethernet card is PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and it needs FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_I225-V.kext; wifi works fine with AirportItlwm.kext; BT uses IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext; CFGLock can be disabled in the BIOS.

I don’t know if the iGPU works, as I’ve only used the RX 580.

I haven’t used any BT features beyond a keyboard, which was fine. iMessage also seems to work without issues.

All the drives, including the boot drive, are APFS encrypted, without a problem. This does mean that a non-BT keyboard is required to login on boot, as the decryption process needs to occur before BT drivers are loaded: not an issue for me as I use a USB mechanical keyboard.

Sound output shifted to headphones when I used the front headphone jack, but didn’t swap back until a reboot. I haven’t bothered to troubleshoot it because I use an external USB DAC for headphones. I swap between speakers and headphones using a keyboard shortcut to the BTAudioSwitch script (available on github), but it's also easily done via the usual menubar icon.

I use the BIOS to control the fans, which are all PWM: CPU header for the CPU cooler, one fan header for the top fan, one for the rear and one (split) for the front. They're all running at 400-700rpm until 50ºC and then ramp up. It’s very quiet indeed, and idle temperatures are not much above ambient. Running a full complement of 20 ‘yes > /dev/null’s gets up to around the 80ºC mark.

The case looks great (imho) but it’s an incredibly tight fit with this cooler. There isn't room to fit the fans to the CPU cooler once it’s in the case, and you can't attach the cooler to the motherboard with the fans attached, so the cooler has to be attached to the motherboard outside the case. One of the four motherboard-to-riser screws can't be fastened once the motherboard and cooler are in the case (as it’s completely inaccessible). The cooler won’t fit with a normal top fan, which is why I swapped it out (and the rear one) for 15mm-deep fans. The CPU cooler clears the top fan and front glass panel by 1-2mm, and the rear fan by not much more.

I think that’s it. It was a tough build, but the easiest Hackintosh installation I've done, and I wanted to post in order to say ‘thank you’ to everyone in the community.
Whatsapp